We have reviewed GDPR and data protection in the past in order to ensure that we do things correctly, so this is really just a recap and renewal for development of understanding of responsibilities. To emphasise the importance, we must ensure that Data Protection is at the forefront of any process development.
We store data in the following ways:
- Accounting System
We keep data related to:
- Customers and trading partners
- Potential customers and trading partners
We source data via:
- Direct contact
- Internet / networking applications
Data collection purpose:
- Collected lawfully in order to complete request or contract
- For Marketing Purposes
What we must do:
- Maintain our data security and ensure that Data Protection is at the forefront of any process development.
- Ask for permission to store data.
- Provide privacy information at the time you obtain data.
Here at KE Group we understand that customers care about the use and storage of their personal information and we value your trust in allowing us to do this in a careful and sensible manner. We have created this privacy notice in order to demonstrate our commitment to the privacy of our customers.
KE Group is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information, by which you can be identified, when dealing with us in any way, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
KE Group may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from November 2019.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and have policies and procedures in place to ensure we comply with data protection regulation including General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act 2018.
Any queries about your personal information should be sent to the KE Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01732 882 345.
Our basis for processing your data
We use two lawful basis for processing data:
Most of the information we process is provided directly to us by you either by agreement to trade, creating an account or by making a purchase from our website. These actions are considered consent, which can be removed at any time with no penalty.
Performance of a Contract
In order to be able to perform services, we may need to process personal data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations or other customer service requests.
How we collect Data
- We collect data directly from you in order to facilitate provision of service.
- We collect data from our Websites in order to facilitate provision of service.
- We may collect your personal information from third party sources, but only where we have checked that these third parties have your consent.
- We may also collect information about you that is publicly available from public sources such as business directories.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title.
- contact information including physical address, delivery address, email address, social media and networking identifiers & telephone numbers.
- details or preferences and interests.
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
- payment details.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- to supply you with contractual documents.
- to operate, maintain, improve and enhance all features of the service we provide.
- to provide services and information that you request
- to respond to comments and questions and otherwise to provide support to you as a customer.
- to understand and analyse the usage trends and preferences of our customers to improve our service.
- We may contact you via any of the above-mentioned contact methods.
- to contact you for administrative purposes such as customer service,
- to send communications, including updates relating to products and services.
- to periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address or other social and networking media addresses which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- Where necessary, we may pass parts of the detail we hold about you, to third parties in order to facilitate the service we provide to you.
- Data we hold about you may be passed to suppliers and service providers both within and outside of the EU. Whilst this will only be done in order to facilitate the provision of service, we can not guarantee that the third parties to which data is provided will be subject to similar data protection regulation.
- We may keep information about suppliers in order to allow:
- Secure and correct requisition of services required.
- Payment to be made.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We seek to use reasonable physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we process. However, no method of transferring data over the Internet or storing electronic data is completely secure. Therefore, while we strive to use reasonable and appropriate means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee absolute security. By using the Site, you acknowledge that the transmission of data over the internet is inherently insecure and assume all risks associated with such transmission. Further, you acknowledge and agree that KE Group LTD has no control over the security of data being transmitted over the internet.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. The detail below explains the cookies we use and why.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms.
You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site.
These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages.
If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to KE Group Ltd, Platt Industrial Estate, Maidstone Road, Borough Green, Kent, TN15 8JA, United Kingdom.
If you believe that any information, we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
As a data subject, you have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Privacy Notice and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten – i.e. the right to ask us to delete any personal data we hold about you
- The right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- The right to data portability (obtaining a copy of your personal data to re-use with another service or organisation);
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact Us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. If we are unable to help, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
- Goods are returned within 30 days of delivery and are unused, undamaged and in the original packaging
- Return of goods is at the customers expense
- Goods are subject to our right to levy a 20% restocking charge